Thursday, October 06, 2011

So. Hey World.

Hello World!

I haven’t posted in a while, but I thought that since I am not at home anymore, I should probably start blogging again.

For those of you who do not know, I am at Longwood University. I made this choice because it was #1 on my list, it is a wonderful school to attend if you would like to be a teacher- which I do, and I just felt that it was the right decision.

Things are a lot different in college than they are at home. First of all, I have to share a 11' x 18' room. For those of you who are dimension challenged- it is not very big at all. Fortunately, I was blessed with an amazing roommate. We are alike in so many different ways it is great. There are pictures up all over the walls in our room. My roommate is a wonderful photographer and has put up some of her pictures and they show her talent. I have pictures of my family, friends and youth group up on the walls.

Our hall is wonderful. There are so many different types of people and personalities! We could be described as a big family. Everyone gets along well and it was nice to move in and have around 40 instant friends. :) From midnight trips to McDonalds to random dance parties. We have fun.

I would have to say that one of the hardest things about being away from home is that I do not get to see my siblings everyday. I mean, who wouldn't miss this?

LOVE them!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! You're blogging again! It was great to hear a little bit about Longwood :) Enjoy your family time this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your siblings miss you too. But where's the line about missing your parents?

    ReplyDelete