A glimpse into a my life. The average, yet not so average life of a teenage girl trying to survive drama, college and the real world while still reaching for her dreams.
Monday, April 02, 2012
Mile
What do you think when you hear the word mile? What if the word was paired with the word timed? No one that I know looks forward to running timed miles. Whether it is because you are a looooong distance runner, or you are so out of shape that you do not want to know how slow you have become- (like me!). Either way at some point in your life you have had to run a timed mile. Well for me that was today. For the second time since sophomore year in high school, I ran a timed mile. We had already run a timed mile once this semester in my Core & Cross Training class and our goal for today was to beat that time. Thankfully I beat it. My time did not make me happy, but I beat my last time by a good 30 seconds. As with anything, running is a give and take situation and I have to realize that yes I did not like my time that I got today, but I finished the mile and did better than I did the last time I ran it. It is all about improvement and I improved today so I need to be happy about how I did and just look ahead and focus on the future and getting better and back into shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment