Second semester, has started.
One of my favorite classes that I am taking is Core & Cross Training. There is no one word to describe what this class entails because it all changes every day. What I am planning to do is to somewhat document my journey/trip through the class and my road back to being in shape and returning to the Morgan that I know, the one that can run miles and miles without problems. J So. That is my goal. Now not to worry, I will still write about other things but that will probably be the majority of my future blog posts for a few months at least. I have the class Monday and Wednesday mornings, and Spanish 10 minutes after it concludes so it is pretty interesting trying to get across campus to get to Spanish on time. In Core & Cross Training we have talked a lot about stretching before and after workouts. The point of warming up and stretching before a workout is to get the blood moving all over your body. You should start by jogging to get your heart rate up and then do DYNAMIC stretches- not static. Dynamic stretches are those where you are moving and stretching- for example, walking two steps and then kicking your leg up to hit your hand, and then continuing switching off the legs. For a cool down you should walk for a few minutes and then do static stretches. Just a bit of knowledge for ya!
Get out there, get moving. It is so worth it.
I have found a ton of quotes lately on Pintrest and this one stood out to me.
“It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it’s worth it.”
No comments:
Post a Comment