Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are you thankful for?

Thanksgiving! It is a time of the year where we eat lots of food and talk about what we are thankful for. So that is what this post is all about. I am thankful for many things, some big and important, and others small and everyday things. I am so thankful for my family. Y'all are awesome. Side note: I learned in World Lit yesterday about the word awesome. So I will share with you my newly acquired knowledge. Awesome comes from the word awe, which is defined by: an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear ; produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful etc. It is supposed to be used in the context of "in awe of God". So. When we say: "That food was awesome", we are really saying that the food produced an overwhelming feeling of admiration, reverence or fear . Crazy huh? So I should really say that y'all are amazing. :) I am thankful for UBC and my church family. I love having a place that I have grown up in and where I know a ton of people and even if I do not know them, they know me. I love it! I am thankful for friends. They are wonderful. Enough said. I am thankful for SRE. SRE gave me skills to teach and some of the best teachers to teach with. It gave me somewhere that I know I can always come back, and teachers and administration that I know will always answer questions. It also gave me some of the best kids throughout my time, volunteering and working there, that I think I will ever meet. I am thankful for Longwood. ( www.longwood.edu ). I absolutely love it here. I have met so many new friends and professors. It is amazing. I even found my twin! :) Morgan and I are basically the same person- it is wonderful. On the first day of LSEM (the freshman intro class), our advisor could not tell us apart. I am thankful for food. Silly I know. But I have really begun to understand how important food is. The d-hall food here is ehh. So when we go to Moe's or Chickfila or Subway, or even better HOME, I get really excited because I know that I will be getting great food. I have to add though that the pannini sandwich station is the best thing invented. I can get a yummy sandwich that fills me up and leave d-hall full.

Those are a few things that I am thankful for. Now it is your turn? What are you thankful for? People? You should let them know! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment: