Dear Morgan,
I understand that a leash is important, I really do. But. I really think that if you listen to my reasons as to why I should be let off the leash, then you might understand.
First, I smell something really really good. I'm not kidding, it smells like Grandmama's cooking for Christmas dinner. Well, maybe not like that, maybe it's a bunny smell, or a deer. Either way, you should let me go find out! It would be fun! I would run out into the woods at the top of the street, and you would get to chase me, fearful that I would run into the street with the rushing traffic. That sounds like lots and lots of fun! Pretty please?
No? Okay. Well what about this. There is a squirrel in that tree right there. Can I go chase the squirrel? Sure, I can chase them in the pool yard, but they have learned that, between Charley and I, they are not allowed to be there, and if they are they will get terrorized (read: chased, eaten) until they leave. But this one is right there. If you only let me off of the leash I can go and get it.
Third try is the charm right? Those cars look fun! Oooh! A truck just turned onto our road! That must mean that they are our friends! I want to go play with them! Not them? Okay. Well what about all of those fast and colorful cars zooming past? I could go play with them! That sounds super fun! Please let me off my leash!
Love,
Gracie
| Smell that? |
| Come on! |
| Ooooh! |
| Watching the cars. |
No comments:
Post a Comment