My news-feed on both Facebook and Twitter are full.
Full of everyone giving their opinions on the election and people
attempting to convince others that their candidate is the best candidate for
the job. I have many feelings about this.
I
am impressed with the people who are voting today, they are taking full
advantage of their constitutional right to vote.
I respect that everyone has their own opinions.
That is what makes our elections work-
the various different opinions and viewpoints that people throughout the
country have help to create factions, the very same factions that James Madison
wanted in Federalist 10.
What
I do not understand is the obsessive need to try to convince the general public
that your person is right and that they need to think the same way that that
person does.
My point with this being, go ahead and post
your views- it is your right, your right to free speech- but do not waste your
time and everyone else’s that sees your post, by trying to change someone’s
mind about how they are going to vote.
Nothing you say is going to affect the way that others vote. Honestly, most of the political statuses that
I see are either quickly scanned while scrolling down or just completely
ignored.
Also,
these commercials! Are any of y’all sick of them? Or is it just me? The TV was
on in my dorm room the other night and for ten minutes, I kid you not, political
ads were shown. Back to back for ten whole minutes. Maybe it is because I voted
two weeks ago [thank you absentee ballot] or maybe it is because there is a
continuous bombarding of every website and TV channel with political ads and it
just gets annoying. Either way, I am going to be very excited when the election
is over and I do not have to hear the words “My name is _____________ and I
approve this message.” again.
So.
Post what you want on your social media sites- it is your right to free speech.
But give up on the attempts to change other’s minds because it is not going to
do anything.
Lastly,
where is my “I voted” sticker?!?! I think that they should mail them to the
people who vote absentee. I voted.
Therefore I should get an “I voted” sticker. * Makes perfect sense to me!
Go
out and vote! You are a part of a country where you have that right.
Other countries do not have the right to choose who they want in charge. Be
grateful that you have the opportunity to make that choice.
*For those of you who know me,
you know how much I like stickers…at least this sticker would have had some
purpose or meaning...unlike most of my other stickers. But hey, Disney is
amazing and stickers are fun.
You can have my sticker!
ReplyDelete