Saturday, September 15, 2012

They just want to know...ANYTHING

For those of you who do not know, or knew and have forgotten, college is not all about fun or work- and it is not always exciting. People always ask me what are you doing at school? Or, tell me all about all the fun things you get to do now that you are there. While I know that all questions are because the person is truly interested and really want to hear about my life now that they cannot be there 24-7, sometimes I struggle to find the words to give them an interesting tidbit of something, anything about my life at school. It is not that nothing exciting happens, but when nothing does and someone asks, I struggle awkwardly trying to think of something that would interest them. I guess that I do not see my everyday life as something that would interest others. BUT...honestly, I think it might. Actually I am pretty sure that anything that happens, exciting or not, makes those asking happy.  I am realizing that they do not care whether I tell an elaborate story about someone on my hall or just tell them what I did that day. All they care about is hearing about my current life, and enjoying the fact that they get to be a part of it, even from far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment