Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Library- Favorite Spot?

I think I just found my favorite part of the library!
      The Children's Lit section.  Not because of the books that are in here but because of the way that it is set up.

 In the library there are 5 "zones".

  • A quiet zone: little cubicles and rooms set up for complete silence.
  • A group study zone: tables that you can write on ( they have glass on them!), but are set up so that a few people can sit and talk and work.  This is upstairs.
  • A computer zone: where there are computers set up that you could use, complete with a library printer in that room.
  • Another group study zone: this one is more so for talking etc as it is downstairs near the lobby.
  • And then you have the Children's Lit section.
                I have never been back here but I tried it today and it is really nice! There are tables for group work with comfy spinny chairs, a computer, and nice long tables with chairs or couches around them.  It is quieter here than in the group study areas, but louder than the silence of the quiet study area. Not that there is any noise in here, just that you can hear people in the hall or at their table. More like a murmur.

Anyways, since I will be spending a lot of time in here next semester with my Children's Lit class, I figured I better look and see what it was all about.    I am glad that I did because I really like it in here and am able to concentrate and get things done. So that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment