Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mice

I am not a big fan of mice. Sure the mice in movies like Cinderella &  Ratatouille are cute (not the rats...just Remy) , but come on, do you really want mice running around? For most anything, snakes, mice & bugs in general I have one simple rule: If you are outside I will leave you alone, but once you come inside, there is nothing that will save you. GET OUT! or go bye bye in a not so pleasant way.  Anyways, the building I live in is the oldest dorm building on campus, I think it is around 200+ years old. We have wood floors, not tile like all of the others, which you would not think would be any sort of issue at all, and until last week it has not been.  Last week has been a mouse world infested with mice. All over the building, not just on my hall.  One night I woke up hearing something hit a box, then we heard the scratching. That horrible sound that when you hear, you just KNOW that there is a mouse somewhere. Not much sleep was had that night. The next few days there were reports all over the building about mice. Almost every room on our hall had mice. Luckily someone gave my roommate a mouse trap- one that was sticky so that the mouse would get stuck....great right? Yeah, but what happens when you look at the trap and there is a mouse in there?? Fortunately and unfortunately the mouse in our room did not end up in the trap and therefore the mouse was not caught. The mouse in our room has not been heard or seen since that first day/night.
                                                       Cute right? Not when they are inside. Or outside for that matter. Just go away and leave my room and food alone!

1 comment: