Monday, April 05, 2010

Longwood

So I blogged (or somewhat blogged) about me going on college visits this week. Today was Longwood. Longwood is in a small town called Farmville, VA.  I was somewhat skeptical going into this about what it would be like and if a small town school would be what I was looking for but wound up pleased with the school and the town in general. We (meaning my Dad and I) left the house at about 9:00am for a 10:30 tour.  During the ride, trip whatever you want to call it, down there, we saw a TURKEY! It "flew" across the road. "Flew" meaning rose a foot into the air and pretty much jumped the four feet across the lane we were traveling in as to not get run over.  Good choice. But now I can tell my little friend at church that I saw a turkey but didn't have my "boom boom" with me. :) Back to Longwood.  After traveling behind a Krispy Kreme truck for 10 minutes we eventually got to Longwood campus.  As we walked into the building where the tour started I was handed a folder containing a piece of notebook paper, a 10% off coupon to the Barnes & Noble Bookstore and a pre-sharpened pencil (!).  We watched a slideshow about the facts of Longwood and heard a monotone speech about Longwood pertaining to the slideshow.  Then came the fun part. The tour. Our tour guide's name was Meg, and there were about five other student-parent groups in our tour.  We walked around the campus learning about the buildings etc. We saw a dorm room which my Dad was astounded at how big it was. :P We went into the library and also into the exercise gym/health building and saw many treadmills and other exercise equipment.  The dining hall was interesting because we walked in right as the mass of students were hungry. It is Make your own Cupcake day so our tour guide was excited about that. The tour soon ended and we all went our seperate ways. We ended up going to a coffee house/cafe for lunch and I had a smoothie (which I LOVE) and a sandwich. We headed home and now we are home!

No comments:

Post a Comment